We lost our sweet black and white cat Mellow this past week. She just disappeared. Which probably means that she got too close to the fields past our backyard lawn and a fox got her. Hey, it could even have been a cougar since they have been spotted in neighborhoods not a mile from our house. Anyway, I miss her. We have had her for 7 years. She was a good sweet fatty cat. Her sister, Midnight, is meloncholy. Now we are down to one cat and one dog. Life on the gully stinks.
It was only 2 weeks ago that we discovered a baby skunk in one of our window wells. Within a couple of days (and with the help of my daughter and son-in-law) I was able to successfully get it out and back to the gully. Whew! I thought my stinky days were over. Was I wrong. Yesterday I followed my normal routine of taking the dog out early in the morning to do her "business," and she kept trying to go under the deck. She finally succeeded in crawling under her deck and started growling. Oh great. That meant there was probably an animal under our deck. I brought her in the house and dismissed it from my mind thinking that the animal would leave on its own.
Later that evening I went downstairs to get something and I heard Jade whining in one of the downstairs bedrooms. My first thought was, "I hope that there's not an animal hiding in my house." Fortunately, there wasn't, but as I looked through the window into the window well I was shocked to see...yup, you guessed it...another baby skunk. This shouldn't be so bad since I now know a way to get them out, however, this skunk decided to fall into a window well under the deck. There's no way I am crawling under the deck to fish out a skunk and then get sprayed! I don't get it. Is our house a skunk magnet or something?
Bill assures me that there are some trap doors in our deck so that we can get under the deck. We are now trying to figure out how or what to put down there so that it can crawl out by itself so we can avoid the odorifious experience that we had last time. Any suggestions? Like I said before...life on the gully stinks!
Wrestling
6 years ago

Another skunk! Maybe it is the same one. It thinks you're its mama.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad about Mellow. I would be so sad if one of my cats dissappeared.
Im so sorry about Mellow :( Even though i was allergic to her, i still liked her and how cute she was.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the Skunk too
I think that maybe a skunk has made it's nest by your house and that is why the babies keep falling in the wells. Maybe you should just put grates on your window wells and animals will stop falling in.
ReplyDeleteOne time a mouse fell in the window well by Sarah's room and Midnight jumped down to play with it. Funny stuff.