I just completed my first two weeks back teaching school. The kids are as cute and adorable as ever and I am back in my typical pattern of feeling stressed as I try to juggle all the work that has to be done at the beginning of the year and keeping my home somewhat in order. Then this happens to be a year when I also got a cold within the first week and a half. For many people that isn't such a big deal, you just tell yourself to stay home and get well. Not so easy at the beginning of a school year when you are trying to get yourself and all your students into a workable routine. Having even one adult gone makes such a big difference. The good news is that I am finally on the mend. (Thank goodness for Alka Seltzer PM! It let me get a good night's sleep for the past 4 nights so that I could get up and go to work).
I am looking forward to our 3 day weekend. I am also looking forward to seeing all my children (at least the ones that live in Utah) come over for a Labor Day BBQ. I love having my children and grandchildren come over and enjoy the closeness of family. I am so proud of all of our kids and what they are accomplishing in their lives, as well as the kind of parents they are as they raise our next generation of grandchildren. What is more important than that...nothing!
So even though I may be a little "school dazed", like a deer in the headlights of your car, I can enjoy the little moments in life when I can connect with those I love.
Wrestling
6 years ago

It is so nice being the favorite child. Ah.... Plus, I have the newest baby, so that totally plays in my favor. Don't worry mom, school will calm down and then it will be same ol same ol.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice. I like same old same old. Boring is nice sometimes.
ReplyDeleteMike is the favorite because we're not living in Utah.
ReplyDeleteWE HAVE ESCAPED!! :P
And we are doing our best to raise our birds to be grandchildren that you can be proud of. But don't worry, we'll tell you when we have human children of our own. :)
Laura, updates. :) Like, thoughts on your youngest child's upcoming marriage? School? Jade and Midnight?
ReplyDeleteI just enjoyed reading through your blog entries. What a blessing that you saw the eye docter when you did. I love reading about your family on their blogs and will look forward to reading about you. Your family has been a blessing in our lives. Love to you all.
ReplyDelete