So, I know it has been a long time since I have blogged ... even longer than Sarah. So I thought I better say something before they kick me off blogspot. Here's the tricky thing...I don't have much to say. I used to write a lot when I was younger. I mean really write. When I lived in Minnesota away from family, I would write long letters about the daily adventures and happenings of my wonderful kids. Now...well, I'm an empty nester and my kids have their own blogs so I find myself tongue-tied, or finger-tied or whatever you want to call it.
I could write about how I spend most of my days - at work. But, oh wait. I can't talk about all the funny and great things that happen at work because of confidentiality. So I guess that I can say that I love my students and enjoy teaching them. I love my coworkers. They make going to work each day a pleasure. And I feel that the work I do is meaningful.
Becky would say, "Write about the 2 children you have left, Jade and Midnight." Well, Jade, our 9 year yellow lab, and Midnight, our 8 year old black cat don't give me much to write about. We haven't had any skunks fall into our window wells recently, only one racoon has invaded our garage in the last month, and it's too early for the deer to come eat the fruit off of our fruit trees.
I could write about planting my garden or I could write about weeding my garden. Or maybe I could write about cleaning my house and finishing all the unfinished projects that I am trying to get done this summer. But who wants to hear about that? Not me. So I guess that makes me a boring person. In fact, you are probably bored out of your mind just reading this and will never visit my blog again, right?
OK. I just thought of something to write about...our trip to Pennsylvania to visit our kids and grandkids there and our upcoming trip to visit my dad in California. Now if I could just remember how Marie told me to add pictures....
Wrestling
6 years ago

Ha! Also, I don't have any kids, and I still write.
ReplyDeleteI guess this is a summer blog. You only write in the summer. Maybe you could make this your summer project/vacation blog. Take pictures of the things you do and post about them. For instance, you could have taken pictures at our mother/daughter sewing project. Or, take pictures of the Chipman scrapbook you are working on. Or, the progress with unpacking the downstairs. Or, the progress with foodstorage and then write a 'how to' with the food storage that every house hold needs. Then, your blog is helpful as well as informative.
ReplyDeleteI'm not showing you how to add pictures again! It's too easy!
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to write about current happenings. You can write about things that have happened in the past. You can write about memories or siginificant things that happened before your blog came to be.
Were are the long letters about your kids? I want to see them.
Sarah, you are kidless that's true. But you also go months without blogging.
ReplyDeleteBecky, good ideas for blog material.
Marie, also good ideas. As for the long letters...I don't have them, I sent them to other people. They have probably thrown them away. Alas.
Just write about me and how awesome I am.
ReplyDelete