Only a couple more days and then my summer freedom is over. I do so like being able to plan out my days during the summer. But alas, I will go back to my regular routine on friday. There are good things to say about routine though. It forces you to be more organized. You know what to expect each day. You seem to be able to accomplish more things in a shorter period of time and you become better at prioritizing what really needs to be done. The down side is that you have less thinking time. (Something I've always enjoyed doing). You don't get to choose where you go or what you do each day, you are pretty much required to spend a big chunk of the day doing what is expected of you so that you can pay the bills. You only have snatches of time to cook meals, clean, do the laundry, take the dog out, exercise, do family history work, and spend time with family and friends. Oh yes, and then there's the stress. The ever present stress. That is the part that I hate the most. Maybe because I'm so OCD. I guess that is my own fault, but I am working on it. Maybe by the time I die I will learn how to chill out.
I have thoroughly enjoyed some of my summer highlights.
Like visiting all of our kids and grandkids in the Philadelphia area. We love them and miss them.
It was hard to get Bill to stay off the phone however.
Playing with Jade. She's still our shlupper pupper!
Going to Farm Country with the grandkids and having a picnic lunch.
Driving to California with John & Krista, Sarah & Mark to see me dad. We went to the beach, the San Diego Temple and Knotts Berry Farm. We made crepes and lasagna for my dad.
Scrapbooking with all the grandkids. They did such an awesome job on their scrapbooks!
Spending time with my mom...going shopping, visiting the emergency room, going to the doctor, and movies with Sharon & Melony.
Hanging out with the girls. Some of us got together for a Girls Night Sleepover. It was fun.
Marie's baby shower. Good fun, good food, great friends and family, and lots of presents!
And last but not least...spending time with my Billy Bob!
So that about sums it up. My great summer of fun and freedom is over. But the memories are wonderful. And Marie can't help but be impressed that I actually added pictures to this blog all on my own! See! You can teach an old dog new tricks!
Wrestling
6 years ago

















Well, I am shocked. I thought you had abandoned your blog for good. I'm glad to see that you at least recapped your summer. Although it would have been more entertaining to post those pictures right after those events occurred and then written about your experience. You would be surprised how much you can forget about an experience. Hence, the beauty of the blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a fun filled summer.